Hopscotch: Saturday's Best Bets and must-sees
Posted September 7, 2012
Updated September 8, 2012
Hopscotch Music Festival goes out with a bang Saturday night with over 50 shows at 14 venues in five hours!
To make this overwhelming number of shows more manageable, we got our resident music expert, WRAL photojournalist Greg Hutchinson, to give us his picks for each day.
Here are Hutch's selections for the shows not to miss on Saturday night:
- The Roots at Raleigh City Plaza
- Grohg at The Berkeley Cafe
- TOW3RS at The Contemporary Art Museum
- Minor Stars at Tir na nOg
- Birds of Avalon at Tir na nOg
- Lambchop at Fletcher Opera Theater
- Oneida at Tir na nOg
- Shovels and Rope at Deep South the Bar
- Arnold Drayblatt and Megafaun at The Longview Center
- No BS! Brass Band at The Pour House
And don't forget: there's even more music to be heard and fun to be had during the day parties! They generally run from noon - 5:00 p.m. Shovels and Rope will be playing during the day parties in addition to their night show.