Hopscotch Music Festival continues Friday night with over 50 shows at 14 venues in five hours!
To make this overwhelming number of shows more manageable, we got our resident music expert, WRAL photojournalist Greg Hutchinson, to give us his picks for each day.
Here are Hutch's selections for the shows not to miss on Friday night:
- Jesus and Mary Chain at Raleigh City Plaza
- Built to Spill at Raleigh City Plaza
- The Mountain Goats at Fletcher Opera Hall
- Azure Ray at The Longview Center
- Yo La Tengo at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium
- Valient Thor at Tir na nOg
- Midtown Dickens at White Collar Crime
- The Future Kings of Nowhere at Tir na nOg
- Cheater Slicks at Deep South the Bar
- Corrosion of Conformity at The Pour House
And don't forget: there's even more music to be heard and fun to be had during the day parties! They generally run from noon - 5:00 p.m. Midtown Dickens and Cheater Slicks will both be playing during the day parties in addition to their night shows.