Lafayette Village in Raleigh wants to give people a chance to run with the bulls this Saturday. And by bull, we mean the Durham Bulls mascot, Wool E.
The Running with the Bulls Spanish Festival will feature Wool E. Bull along with Spanish music, activities for the children and more. Here's a rundown of some of the event highlights:
- Noon-2 p.m. - Visit with Wool E. Bull
- Noon-3 p.m. - Children's Crafts and Games with a Spanish theme
- Live Spanish music from 1-10 p.m.
The merchants at Lafayette Village are getting into the spirit too with Spanish-themed offers. A few notable ones:
- Village Grill will be serving the "Bull" Burger topped with Serrano ham, Chorizo and Manchego cheese on the Village Green.
- The Chocolate Boutique is will have Dora the Explorer and Diego available for autographs and photos from 2-6 p.m. There will be a photog on site offering to shoot the pic for $5.
- Stelliana’s Petit Boutique will have Mimi the clown on hand offering face painting, glitter tattoos and balloons from noon to 2 p.m. Silhouette Artist Zachary Murray will be doing custom-made, traditional hand cut silhouettes for a nominal fee from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Face painting will also be available at the Executive Office Suites from 2-5 p.m. The $5 fee will go to the charity, Pretty in Pink.
- Simply Crepes will be serving Tortilla Espanola Frisuelos, which are a crepe filled with Spanish potato, egg frittata and allioli), as well as Chocolate Mousse or Bananas & Crème Crepes for Dessert, Sangria & Spanish beer, on the Village Green. They will also be offering "Running of the Bulls" commemorative T-shirts available for purchase while supplies last.