Teams will compete on Saturday for $4,000 in cash and prizes during the Typhoon scavenger hunt in downtown Raleigh.
At the beginning of the day, teams get a list of clues leading them to different downtown locations where tasks must be performed. There are only certain windows of time for each location, so teams need to strategize where they need to go and when.
According to the Raleigh Typhoon website, some of the tasks throughout the past five years of the hunt have included riding a rickshaw, tasting chocolates at Escazu, participating in a “bar olympics,” finding dozens of Frida Kahlos at Dos Taquitos, lip-syncing at White Collar, finding a “Waldo” look-a-like and being a human bowling ball at Endless Grind.
After completing the task during the allotted time period, teams will get a puzzle piece or token. Gather all the puzzle pieces and arrange them in the proper order to help you figure out the grand prize location. Prizes won't be put out until around 8 p.m., so take your time and make sure you get all your pieces!
Other Typhoon info you need to know:
- Registration will be held at Tir na nOg from 11 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Saturday.
- There is only space for 150 teams, so make sure you get there early.
- Teams must have a minimum of two people and maximum of eight.
- The registration fee is $10 per person.
- Participants must be 21 or older and have a valid state ID or driver's licence.
- Teams must bring a digital camera with space for 40 photos
- Each team is required to spend a minimum of $20 throughout the hunt at Raleigh Typhoon sponsors (which you can find on the Typhoon map). Keep receipts to present at the end of the night.
- Organizers suggest teams bring a "bag to carry 'stuff' in and scotch tape."
- The hunt encourages water gun use, just keep it outside!
- The hunt officially starts at 12:30 p.m. Event organizers say it isn't a race, but you need to finish all the tasks before a certain time in order to win.
There will be five cash prizes totaling $2,000 and the rest of the prizes will be given away throughout the day and at the last stop - Isaac Hunter’s.
Anyone planning to race this weekend?