The Southern Women's Show kicks off Friday at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds.
Some of this year's highlights:
- WRAL's Smart Shopper Faye Prosser will be doing several seminars at the Southern Women's Show. Look for her so you can find out how to cut your grocery bills in half and see her team up with cookbook author Lisa Shively for "Let's Bake a Deal." Also, look for Go Ask Mom who will be out there!
- Want to learn more about wine? Duplin Wine Cellars is sponsoring Wine 101 on Friday at 5:30 p.m. at the Balance Your Life Stage.
- This just sounds like a blast. Mix 101.5 FM and Carolina Premium Outlets are sponsoring Pick Your Purse Bingo events throughout the weekend.
- The Fashion Stage will host a variety of seminars about skincare and clothing, but we are most excited about the It's Getting Hot in Here! Firefighter Fashion Shows, which benefit the Wake County Burned Children's Fund. They are being held Friday and Saturday.
- The annual "Dancing Like the Stars" competition will be held on Saturday at 4 p.m. on the Fashion Stage. WRAL's Sloane Heffernan is among the local celebs battling it out on the ballroom floor. The winners will be determined by online votes on the National Inclusion Project's website and the judges' scores on Saturday. Online voting costs $1.
- Four-legged friends will take the stage Sunday for the Fido Fashion Show. It starts at 12:45 p.m.
- The Royal Dresses of Princess Diana will be on display throughout the weekend. Check out some of her most famous gowns. (Check Out & About later today for a sneak peek of Diana's dresses!)
And here is a list of the WRAL Talent appearing at the Southern Women's Show:
Bill Leslie & Kelcey Carlson 10 a.m. - noon
Debra Morgan noon - 2 p.m.
Elizabeth Gardner 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Brian Shrader 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Greg Fishel Sun, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Gerald Owens & Ken Smith 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Mike Maze 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Adult tickets are available online for $9 in advance, otherwise you will pay $10 at the door. Children under 6 years old get in free with a paying adult. Tickets are $5 each for children ages 6 to 12 years old. Note: You can get discount tickets at Lowes Food for $7 each.
Who is headed to the Southern Women's Show? Sounds like so much fun!