Reduce, recycle and shop - With these three words in mind, The Junior League of Raleigh’s Bargain Box has found a way to reward people for helping the Earth. And what better reward is there than the gift of clothes?
The Junior League of Raleigh has announced that their third annual Drop & Shop will fall over a very special and extremely relevant holiday this year: Earth Day! The idea is easy and gives shoppers a chance to clean out their closet in the name of helping others, while also getting rewarded for doing so.
Here’s how it works:
- “Drop” gently-used clothing off at tables located throughout Cameron Village
- Receive a coupon for 20 percent off one item for every five donated items
- Donated clothes go to the Bargain Box to benefit the Junior League of Raleigh’s community projects
- Donors can stay and use the coupons received at participating Cameron Village retailers
I can’t think of anything I would rather do after cleaning out my closet then going shopping, with discounts, to fill it back up!
Participants can receive up to three 20 percent off coupons for donations. The one-time coupons will expire on May 20, however the official “Drop & Shop” event will be held 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. this Friday and Saturday and from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Participating Cameron Village retailers include:
- Charlotte's Jewelry and Gifts
- Eye Car Associates
- C.T. Weekends
- The Globetrotter
- Pendleton Woolen Mills
- Scout & Molly's
- Certain Things
- Palm Avenue
- Jolie The Day Spa
- Daphne’s Hallmark
So make plans to clean out those closets and help yourself to some new clothes while also helping the environment!