If you focus on a color wheel, you will notice that the colors which are close to each other...actually match in an outfit!
So, the question is...Can you color block?
WRAL's Director of Local Production Phyllis Parrish sure can!
According to the color wheel, all the colors in her outfit flow perfectly!
The bright orange coat, along with a soft purple and an extravagant rainbow scarf is very eye catching!
Don't be afraid to take a shot at color blocking, you will definitely turn heads!
Here are some good tips for you when you are ready to take on color blocking!
1. Colors directly next to each other (i.e. yellow and yellow-orange; yellow and yellow-green; violet and blue-violet, etc.)
2. Colors that form right (90 degree) angles with each other (i.e. yellow and red-orange; blue and violet-red; green and orange, etc.)
3. Colors directly across from each other (i.e. yellow and violet; blue and orange; red and green, etc.)
4. Colors that form a T (i.e. blue, orange, and violet-red; yellow, violet, and red-orange; yellow, blue-green, and red-orange, etc.)
5. Colors that form an X (i.e. blue, orange, violet-red, and yellow, violet, blue-green, and red-orange, etc.)
If you're not ready to totally color block yet, just choose one bright color like I did!
I paired a bright pink skirt with a grey chunky sweater and black boots.
Also, for a little pizazz I added a cute pink flower as a hair accessory.
--Whenever your wardrobe is just BLAH, try an accessory. That should do the trick!
Brittany Tune works on the WRAL assignment desk and is a full-time fashonista. When she isn't out shopping, she covers style and fashion for WRAL's Out & About.