Charity events planned around Hoops 4 Hope
Posted February 3, 2012
Updated February 8, 2012
The Hillsborough Street Community Service Corporation is sponsoring Play 4Kay events on Hillsborough Street starting Feb. 8 to support Hoops 4 Hope and the Kay Yow Cancer Fund.
Everything kicks off at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at The Alley, with Bowl 4Kay. Unlimited Bowling for $10 through midnight. All net proceeds will go directly to the Kay Yow Fund. Mark Thomas from 620 The Buzz will be the night's emcee, and N.C. State head women’s basketball coach Kellie Harper will also be there.
Here is a rundown of the other events:
- Feb. 10: Karaoke 4Kay at The Brick House Sports Pub 9 p.m.-midnight
- Feb. 11: 4K 4Kay Walk at the Hotbox Pizza 2-4 p.m.
- Feb. 12: Hoops 4 Hope game at Reynolds Coliseum 5 p.m.
- Feb. 12: Treadmill Walk 4Kay before and during the Hoops 4 Hope game.
- Feb. 12: Video Game Night at The Brick House Sports Pub 9 p.m.-midnight
- Feb. 15: Video Game Night at The Brick House Sports Pub 8 p.m.-midnight
- Feb. 17: Karaoke 4Kay at The Brick House Sports Pub 9 p.m.-midnight
- Feb. 18: Pool and Corn Hole TournamentsThe Brick House Sports Pub 4 p.m.
- Feb. 21: Pink Pack (Fat) Tuesday @ Hillsborough Street 9 p.m.-midnight
For more information on any of these events go to Play4Kay.com.
"American Idol" winner and Garner native Scotty McCreery will perform at halftime of the Hoops 4 Hope women's basketball game on Feb. 12.
Hoops 4 Hope was designed to bring awareness and hope in the fight against breast cancer. It was started by late N.C. State coach Kay Yow.
In honor of the fundraising events throughout the month, Hillsborough Street will be "painted" pink with ribbons and banners bearing Coach Yow’s image, sponsored by Wolfpack Women’s Basketball Alumni. Guests can make a donation at participating merchant locations on Hillsborough Street and fill out a dedication plaque in honor of loved ones affected by cancer.