Last week to vote for Raleigh for 'Tastiest Town in the South'
Posted January 24, 2012
This is the final week for you to cast your vote for Raleigh as Southern Living's "Tastiest Town in the South."
So far, Lafayette, La., and Louisville, Ky., are leading the online standings.
Raleigh has been hovering at the bottom near Baltimore. So, we gotta step it up and vote! We don't want to finish last!
Southern Living said it nominated Raleigh for its farmers' markets and local chefs devoted to their culinary heritage.
Other nominated cities include:
- Birmingham,AL: Includes local chef Frank Stitt, who changed the Southern culinary landscape
- Charleston,SC: Iconic Lowcountry dishes and a thriving cocktail culture
- Charlottesville, VA: Farm-to-table freshness in everything from tapas to spirits
- Decatur, GA: An emerging mecca for foodies who relish local farmers markets
- Houston, TX: A diverse ethnic food scene with a new generation of tastemakers
- New Orleans, LA: Famed oyster bars, Gulf seafood and classic cocktails
Voting ends Tuesday, Jan. 31. (You can only vote once per day.)