Sometimes what the beginning of week needs is a little wine. So, Fleming's, located outside of Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, is hosting a special five-course wine dinner tonight.
For $85 per person, you get:
- First course: Chesapeake Oysters on the Half Shell; mignonette, ginger-mint granita, asparagus ice cream
- Second course: Lump Crab and Maine Lobster Spring Roll; pickled cucumber salad and Thai dipping sauce
- Third course: BBQ-Glazed Duck Leg; pumpkin risotto and fennel shavings
- Main course: Roast of Beef Tenderloin with Zaca Mesa Reserve Syrah jus
- Dessert: Chocolate Bread Pudding with bourbon crème anglaise
You also get wine pairings from the Zaca Mesa Winery in the Santa Ynez Valley in California. The vineyard's Eric Mohseni will also be on hand to talk about and pour some selections.
If you want to attend the dinner, reservations can be made at 919-571-6200.
Are you a wine fan? I know we have a lot of beer fans on Out & About, but what about wine?