Burned the turkey? Try these local Thanksgiving options instead
Posted November 23, 2011
More and more Triangle diners are opting to forgo the hustle and bustle of preparing their own Thanksgiving feast - here's a look at local establishments ready to do the cooking and cleaining for you:
- Girasole Trattoria in Wake Forest will be open from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. with an all-you-can-eat "family style" dinner - $19.95 for adults, $7.99 for children under 5. Call 919-569-6714 for reservations
- Parizade in Durham is hosting what sounds to be a very popular vegan Thanksgiving... so popular that it's already full for reservations. I'm a believer in calling, just in case, if this sounds like it's up your meatless alley. There might always be a cancellation and the spot could be yours - 919-286-9712
- In the Greensboro area, Print Works is open Noon until 8 p.m., serving holiday specials in addition to their full dinner menu, bar open until 10 p.m. Thanksgiving. A four course prix fixe menu is $45. (If you're having a late dinner in Greenboro, Print Works will also be open for breakfast from 7:30 a.m. until 11 a.m.) For reservations, call 336-379-0699. Green Valley Grill is open noon until 8 p.m. (serving their dinner menu plus traditional favorites) with bar open until 10 p.m.
- Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen in Cary will serve Thanksgiving dinner from 4 - 9 p.m. Specials include smoked turkey breast, cranberry chutney, sausage spoonbread, tasso ham gravy, collard greens, sweet potatoes, parsnip soup and pumpkin pie, plus their full dinner menu! Call 919-233-1632
- In Apex, Peak City Grill will serve a traditional Thanksgiving feast from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- In Raleigh, Irregardless Café's Thanksgiving Dinner, complete with roasted turkey and your favorite sides will be served from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. Call 919-610-6001. The State Club (located on North Carolina State University's Centennial Campus) will host a Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., $26.95++ members & guests, $12.95++ children 7-12. The buffet will feature bakery, cold display, carving station, breakfast station, hot entrees and sweet finish selections. Membership is required, but for all the effort you'll save by not cooking up a storm in your own kitchen, it just might be a worthy investment. Tir Na nOg is serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner from noon until 9 p.m.
- For Chapel Hill diners, Spice Street is offering a Thanksgiving Buffet from 11 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at $25 per person, $12.50 for 12 and under. Call 919-928-8200 for more info.
No matter where the holiday finds you, all of us here on the WRAL Out & About team wish you a safe, happy, and enjoyable Thanksgiving!