2013 WRAL Raleigh Christmas Parade Grinch Text to Win Contest Rules
1. General. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local regulations apply. By submitting an entry to this contest, sponsored by WRAL.COM and DPAC, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. ET on Saturday, November 23, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 23, 2013. By entering the drawing, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of WRAL.com, whose decisions are binding and final. WRAL.com reserves the right to change the rules at any time to ensure the fair administration of the contest and compliance with applicable laws.
2. Eligibility. The contest is open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents 18 years of age as of Saturday, November 23, 2013 and who reside in one of the following North Carolina counties: Chatham, Cumberland, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Hoke, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Nash, Orange, Person, Sampson, Vance, Wake, Warren, Wayne or Wilson; and Mecklenburg County, Virginia. Employees of WRAL.COM, WRAL-TV, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible. Persons who have won a prize valued over $100 in any WRAL.com sponsored contest in 2013 are ineligible to win this contest.
3. How to Enter. You may enter by texting the keyword “Grinch” to 46988. Message and data rates may apply. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the cell phone from which the entry is made. You may enter once during the sweepstakes period. Multiple entries received from any person will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Neither WRAL.COM nor its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, errors in these rules, for any human or electronic error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late or damaged. All entries become the property of WRAL.com, and will not be acknowledged or returned. All text entries must be received before 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 23, 2013 to be eligible for the drawing.
4. Selection of Winner. One (1) name will be selected through a random drawing by WRAL.COM from all eligible entries during the contest period. The winner will be notified by telephone. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize Redemption and Releases. The winner will be notified at the contact information submitted at time of entry and will be instructed regarding how to claim and obtain the prize. Winners will be required to sign and return to WRAL-TV an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within 7 days of notification, as well as IRS form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification for any prize over $600.00 in total value. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. No substitution of prizes or transfer of prizes to a third party is permitted. Winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner selected. Except where prohibited, by playing the contest, or by winning, participants have awarded WRAL.com, the right to publicize and/or broadcast their name, photograph or likeness, voice and details and have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
6. Prize. One (1) randomly selected and verified winner will receive four (4) tickets to see How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical on opening night, December 3, 2013, at 7:30 p.m. ET at the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) in Durham, NC; an invitation to attend the Cast Party hosted at Tyler’s Taproom ($50.00 value); VIP parking ($10.00 value); President’s Club entry ($50); and a snack voucher ($20.00); for a total ARV of $427.00. WRAL.com reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
7. Disclaimer. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases by WRAL.COM, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. WRAL.COM and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. The winner's name and city of residence will be emailed to those who request it.
8. Internet. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of WRAL.com which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or sweepstakes, WRAL.com reserves its right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes/game. WRAL.com and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries: (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by WRAL.com, on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes/game.
9. Winner Announcement. For the name of the winners, available by the end of each month, send an email requesting the winner's name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: 2013-11-20 13:10:23
Updated: 2013-11-20 13:10:23