Eleven ID'd in May Day vandalism in Asheville
Posted May 3, 2010
Updated September 15, 2010
ASHEVILLE, N.C. — Asheville police released the names Monday of 11 people arrested for breaking windows in a weekend rampage through the town's business district.
Police said the following people face charges of damage to property and that more charges could be added.
- Randall Stezer, 17, of Graham
- Nicholas Entwistel, 19, of Kansas City, Mo.
- Naomi Ullian, 26, and Havely Carsky, 23, both of Asheville
- Marshall Tingler, 24, and Jordan Ferrand-Sapsis, 24, both of Oklahoma City
- Daniel Regenscheit, 26, Karen Alderfer, 19, and Alissa Batzold, 18, all of Carrboro
- Cailin Major, 25, of Milwaukee
- Wyatt Allgeier, 19, of Mount Pleasant
The Asheville Citizen-Times reported that 20 to 30 members of a group of masked, black-clad vandals were responsible for the downtown mayhem. The newspaper was one of several downtown businesses that had a front window smashed. Along with the windows, an automated teller machine was damaged at a bank.