Local News

Electrical short source of Enfield fire

Posted July 11, 2011

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— The fire that destroyed a Halifax County fertilizer warehouse Friday night started with an electrical short, firefighters said Monday.

Ronny Locke, chief of the Enfield Volunteer Fire Department, said the 18,000-square-foot Halifax Fertilizer Co. Inc., at 1107 S. Dennis St., was a total loss. No one was on duty at the plant when the fire broke out at about 9 p.m. Friday night, and no one was injured.

Firefighters worked through the night to quash the flames and were able to save two storage sheds on the property.

1 Comment

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • NiceNSmooth Jul 11, 2011

    Man can you imagine the smell of burning fertilizer? ewwwww!