Local News

Electrical problem blamed for fatal Fayetteville house fire

Posted December 13, 2012

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A house fire that killed a Fayetteville woman and her two sons early Wednesday was caused by an electrical problem, authorities said Thursday.

Ashley Nicole Bullock, 25, and sons Trevon, 6, and Andrew, 5, were trapped in a bedroom in their Cliffdale Road home and died.

It took nine units from the Fayetteville Fire Department about 45 minutes to bring the fire under control after it broke through the single-story home's roof.

Juwann Bullock was at work when the fire started and arrived home to find firefighters still working to put out the blaze. He told investigators that the home had working smoke detectors, but authorities said their investigation couldn't confirm that.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • pedsRN Dec 14, 2012

    My sympathy to this man & his extended family. What a nightmare to come home & find your home in flames with your family trapped inside.

  • moonpie Dec 14, 2012

    They could have been in an interior bedroom without windows and the doorway could have been blocked by falling debris....just saying....

  • beaupeep Dec 13, 2012

    A tragedy, for sure, but it's a one story home and bedrooms have windows. How could they be trapped?