Local News

Electrical fire strikes Franklin Street home

Posted September 6, 2009
Updated September 7, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— A historic property near the campus of the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill caught fire Sunday morning, authorities said.

Firefighters responded to 517 E. Franklin St. shortly before 9:30 a.m. They contained the fire and estimated the damage at about $5,000. One person was home at the time, but no one was hurt.

Investigators said the fire likely resulted from electrical failure.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all