Local News

Electrical fire quickly controlled at American Tobacco Campus

Posted December 29, 2008

— An electrical fire in downtown Durham was quickly extinguished in the noon hour Monday, Paul Pope, general manager of the American Tobacco Historic District said.

Movers working at the Symposium Café at the American Tobacco Campus ruptured a gas line Monday, sparking an electrical fire, Pope said.

Three buildings on Blackwell Street were evacuated just before noon, and firefighters responded to the scene. A few wires were damaged, Pope said.

Workers were allowed back into the buildings after the scene was secured.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all