Mother demands apology after missing Durham teen found
Posted June 2, 2013
Durham, N.C. — A Durham teen who was the subject of a Silver Alert Saturday has been found safe, police said Sunday.
Jalyn Hart, 16, who was last seen Friday at Jordan High School, was spotted on a city bus on Carver Street in Durham Sunday evening.
He reunited with his family shortly after 6 p.m.
"I'm very, very happy that my baby is home," said Hart's mother, Regina Hart.
Earlier Sunday, she told WRAL News that she feared the worst.
"My son means everything to me," she said. "I know he can't live without me and I can't live without him."
After he was found, Regina Hart said she didn't know where he had been and asked him to apologize.
"That's not fair to all the police officers," she said. "These people (are) taking out the time to come out here and talk to your family to put the word out on the air, so it could get to you or someone we thought had you. You need to apologize."
The teen uttered a soft-spoken apology, but offered no explanation.
It was the second missing persons case in as many days that ended in happy reunions in Durham. On Saturday, an Amber Alert was issued for a 10-year-old girl, who was found hours later at a friend's house.