Local News

Gas leak leads to evacuation in Downtown Durham

Posted May 17
Updated May 18

People were evacuated from restaurants and businesses on the 1000 block of Main Street near Brightleaf Square and Duke University's East Campus Wednesday evening.

Durham police confirm gas leak near Brightleaf Square

A gas meter fell off of a business and caused a gas leak. People in a one to block area were evacuated for a short amount of time until the gas was turned off.

Firefighters were on the scene to assist those from the gas company.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all