Durham man charged with 9 felonies
Posted July 26, 2013
Durham, N.C. — A 29-year-old Durham man was arrested on drug charges Thursday afternoon following a raid at his home, the Durham County Sheriff’s Office reported.
Members of the Sheriff’s Anti-Crime and Narcotics Unit raided the home of Bobby Edgerton Jr. at 821 Riverbark Lane after a months-long investigation into allegations he was selling marijuana and cocaine.
During the raid, officers seized 3 ounces of crack cocaine, 5 ounces of marijuana, a stolen .380 semi-automatic pistol, a military grade ballistic vest, and drug paraphernalia.
“The removal of people from the streets of Durham who distribute illegal drugs is of utmost priority,” Sheriff Mike Andrews said in a statement. “The war on drugs and crime remains in our community, and we will continue to work with our local and state level law enforcement partners to eradicate cancerous criminal activity in Durham.”
Edgerton was charged with:
- Two counts of trafficking cocaine
- Possession of a firearm by a felon
- Possession of a stolen firearm
- Possession with intent to manufacture, sell, and distribute cocaine
- Manufacturing cocaine
- Possession with intent to manufacture, sell, and distribute marijuana
- Maintaining a dwelling for the purpose of selling a controlled substance
- Fortification of a dwelling for the purpose of selling a controlled substance
- Possession of drug paraphernalia