Durham man arrested in April convenience store shooting
Posted May 15
Durham, N.C. — A man was arrested Sunday in connection to an April convenience store shooting that left one man dead and another injured.
A man identified as Nafez Jalal, 57, of Durham, was found dead from an apparent gunshot wound at the Fast Food Mart at 2106 Broad Street on April 27. Hassan Jolale, a 48-year-old Durham man, sustained a gunshot wound was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries in the incident.
Timothy Moore, 23, of 1214 Granby Street, who was identified as a suspect earlier this month, was arrested and charged with murder, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, felony conspiracy and two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon in connection with the incident.
Police said that at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday, a state trooper observed a Ford passenger vehicle run a stop sign in Butner. The vehicle sped away as the trooper attempted to initiate a traffic stop, authorities said.
After a short pursuit, the vehicle, which had been reported stolen in Greensboro, crashed and the driver, identified as Moore, fled on foot.
Two troopers spotted the Moore walking along Old Oxford Highway, after an extensive search, and he was taken into custody without incident.
Moore was being processed at the Granville County Detention Center Sunday evening and was scheduled to appear in court Monday.