Durham man accused in one death now charged in another
Posted April 8, 2015
Durham, N.C. — A Durham man facing a possible death sentence in the shooting death of a 9-year-old boy last year has been indicted in a second shooting death, police said Wednesday.
A grand jury on Monday indicted Everett Lamont Graves, 24, on a murder charge in the Dec. 17, 2013, death of Desmond Romario Williams. The 28-year-old was killed in a drive-by shooting in the 2600 block of East Shoreham Street.
According to investigators, Williams and Graves knew each other, and the shooting didn't appear to be random.
Graves has been jailed more than a year awaiting trial in the death of Jaeden Sharpe, who was shot, along with his mother, on Jan. 4, 2014, while they were riding in a car on Lucas Drive.
Authorities have said that shooting also didn't appear to be random, but they haven't offered additional details about the case.
A judge ruled last year that prosecutors could seek the death penalty against Graves in Jaeden's death.