Local News

Durham firefighters respond to fire at Bullock's Barbecue

Posted April 20

Firefighters on Wednesday morning worked to put out a fire at Bullock's Barbecue in Durham.
Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— Firefighters on Wednesday morning worked to put out a fire at Bullock's Barbecue in Durham that started in a cooking hood.

When firefighters arrived, they reported heavy smoke coming from the roof of the building on Quebec Drive. Authorities said the fire was quickly extinguished and was contained to the cooking hood.

The hood ductwork and the roof surrounding the ductwork was damaged, and there was limited water damage to the interior of the restaurant, officials said.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

1 Comment

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Donnie Dietrich Apr 20, 2016
    user avatar

    And it took WRAL 31/2 hours to report this.
    What's wrong with you folks? I know, spending all your time on LBG stuff.
    Not very supportive of your community at large in my opinion.