Downed power line sparks fire at Raleigh home
Posted January 3, 2014
Raleigh, N.C. — A downed power line sparked a fire early Friday at a home in the 2000 block of Reaves Drive north of downtown Raleigh, officials said.
Emergency crews responded to the home at about 6 a.m. Investigators said the power lines fell after being hit by a tree that fell due to high winds.
A woman in her 80s and dog were in the home at the time, but no injuries were reported. The fire was extinguished by about 6:20 a.m. after starting in the home's attic.
Strong winds pushing into the area downed several trees in the Triangle early Friday, knocking out power to hundreds in Durham, Orange, Wake and Johnston counties.
No other information was released.