Local News

Discarded smoking material blamed for Raleigh house fire

Posted September 22, 2010

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— Improperly discarded smoking material is being blamed for a Raleigh house fire at 4105 Pittsford Road early Wednesday.

Four people were displaced in the fire, which started on the outside of the house in the carport area and damaged 5 percent of the house, according a fire department report.

Nearly 30 firefighters responded to the scene. No other information was released.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • 6869735 Sep 22, 2010

    "smoking material" ??????????????????

  • Adelinthe Sep 22, 2010


    With four people displaced, I bet someone's getting an earful this morning.

    God bless.


  • raggy831 Sep 22, 2010

    Smoking can be bad for your home! And your health. Glad no one was hurt.