The exhibit, featuring 14 life-size dinosaur sculptures that visitors can move, will run through Thursday, Sept. 12. It was originally scheduled to close Sunday, Sept. 8.
Both of my kids have really enjoyed this exhibit. We're museum members, which means we can see this exhibit for free (among other benefits). So they've been at least three times this summer. Dinosaurs in Motion at the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences
Dinosaurs in Motion is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and noon to 5 p.m., Sunday (last entry is at 4 p.m.). On the first Friday of each month and every Thursday, last entry is at 7 p.m. when adult admission is discounted. Tickets range between $6 for kids ages 3 to 12 and $10 for adults. (Go Ask Mom is an exhibit sponsor).
Also, kudos to the kids who won the museum's Dinosaur Illustration contest! They are:
· Alyosha Netrebko (Cary), 1st place, 8 and under, for “Giganotosaurus in the Jungle”
· Aliza Schrage (Raleigh), 2nd place, 8 and under, for “Midnight Snack”
· Shelby Elder (Fayetteville), 1st place, 9-13, for “Velociraptor Pack”
· Jessie Johnson (Clayton), 2nd place, 9-13, for “Timid Triceratops”
· Lydia Johnson (Clayton), 1st place, 14-18, for “The Hunt”
· Gillian Griffiths (Raleigh), 2nd place (tie), 14-18, for “Prehistoric Marsh”
· Alexander Altenkirch (Raleigh), 2nd place (tie), 14-18, for “Troodon”
You can see the winning entries and 10 honorable mentions at the museum store through Oct. 13.