Raleigh, N.C. — Delta Rae and Superchunk will play Dorton Arena during this year's N.C. State Fair, organizers announced Monday.
The fair's live music schedule, dubbed the Homegrown Music Fest, will feature 117 concerts over the 11 days of the fair.
The Dorton Arena schedule:
- Thursday, Oct. 13: Youth Choral Competition
- Friday, Oct. 14: Here As In Heaven: Raleigh with Elevation Church
- Saturday, Oct. 15: Delta Rae with Katelyn Read
- Sunday, Oct. 16: Chris Lane with Kasey Tyndall
- Monday, Oct. 17: The Embers featuring Craig Woolard with Jim Quick and Coastline
- Tuesday, Oct. 18: The Soul Psychedelique Orchestra and N.C. State Fair Folk Festival
- Wednesday, Oct. 19: Superchunk with Skylar Gudasz
- Thursday, Oct. 20: A Night of Praise featuring Unity Choir from Orange Grove Missionary Baptist Church, Instrument of Praise Concert Chorale and Salvation and Deliverance Church Choir
- Friday, Oct. 21: Corrosion of Conformity
- Saturday: Oct. 22: The Ultimate Johnny Cash Tribute featuring Johnny Folsom 4 and Friends
- Sunday, Oct. 23: An Evening with Maceo Parker
Floor seating for Dorton Arena concerts is free, but you must have a ticket. Tickets may be picked up at the Glass Ticket Booth on the north side (Waterfall side) of Dorton Arena the day of the concert. There is a six ticket limit per person. Permanent riser seating is first-come, first-served and does not require a ticket. Tickets for floor seating are not required for the Oct. 13 Youth Choral Competition or Oct. 18 Folk Festival.
As with previous years, the Waterfall Stage will feature a variety of local artists throughout each day.
The North Carolina State Fair runs Oct. 13 to 23. Advance tickets are on sale now.