Dancing, cooking and a 'Bachelor': Southern Women's Show starts Friday
Posted April 25, 2013
Raleigh, N.C. — The Southern Women's Show kicks off Friday at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds.
Some of this year's highlights:
- WRAL's Out and About will be taking over the WRAL.com booth on Friday. Drop by to say hello and enter to win some restaurant gift cards. I'll be there, as well as the rest of the Out and About team!
- "The Bachelor" and "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Sean Lowe will be meeting with fans at 1 p.m. on Friday at the Fashion and Entertainment stage. The first 400 people in line for an autograph will get a $10 Spa by Mitchell's gift card. He is among several celebs making appearances there this weekend. "Duck Dynasty" star Jessica Robertson will be meeting with fans on Sunday at 1 p.m. Get a complete list of celeb appearances on the official website.
- WRAL's Smart Shopper Faye Prosser will be doing several seminars at the Southern Women's Show. Look for her so you can find out how to cut your grocery bills in half and see her team up with cookbook author Lisa Shively for "Let's Bake a Deal."
- Want to meet a Sesame Street star? Well, WRAL's Go Ask Mom will be at the Southern Women's Show on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. with coupons for the upcoming Sesame Street Live show at PNC Arena. Bring you children between 1 and 2 p.m. to meet a special Sesame Street guest.
- Want to learn more about wine? Duplin Wine Cellars is sponsoring Wine 101 on Friday and Saturday at the Balancing Your Life stage.
- The Fashion Stage will host a variety of seminars about skincare and clothing, but I think this event will be the hottest! It's Getting Hot in Here! Firefighter Fashion Shows, which benefit the Wake County Burned Children's Fund, are being held Friday and Saturday.
- The annual "Dancing Like the Stars" competition will be held on Saturday at 4 p.m. on the Fashion Stage. WRAL's Michelle Marsh is among the local celebs battling it out on the ballroom floor. The winners will be determined by online votes on the National Inclusion Project's website and the judges' scores on Saturday. Online voting costs $1.
- Pawfect Match Rescue & Rehabilitation will be hosting the Pawfectly Haute Under the Collar doggy fashion show on Saturday at 1 p.m. and Sunday at 1:45 p.m. at the Fashion Show stage.
And here is a list of the WRAL Talent appearing at the Southern Women's Show:
Bill Leslie 10 a.m. - noon
Brian Shrader noon-2 p.m.
Elizabeth Gardner 2-4 p.m.
Debra Morgan and David Crabtree 4-6 p.m.
Ken Smith and Renee Chou 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Greg Fishel 1-3 p.m.
Gerald Owens 3-5 p.m.
Adult tickets are available online for $9 in advance, otherwise you will pay $10 at the door. Children under 6 years old get in free with a paying adult. Tickets are $5 each for children ages 6 to 12 years old. Note: You can get discount tickets at Lowes Food for $7 each.
Who is headed to the Southern Women's Show?