Cumberland County outlines trick-or-treat times
Posted October 14, 2008
Fayetteville, N.C. — The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office has designated 6 to 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 31, as official times for trick-or-treating in the county. Door-to-door candy collection should be completed within those hours, the sheriff's office said.
The sheriff's office offered these other safety guidelines:
- Motorists should watch for children darting out from between parked cars, crossing streets and walking on roadways.
- Parents should accompany trick-or-treaters.
- Children should not eat any treat until a parent inspects it.
- Children should have their name, address and phone number on their costumes in case they become lost.
- Children should not enter homes without adult supervision.