Raleigh, N.C. — Gov. Roy Cooper on Wednesday released the salaries for the eight members of his cabinet that he has named so far.
When Cooper appointed his department heads in January, he did not announce their salaries at the time, which has been standard practice for prior administrations.
Despite a recent dust-up over whether senators have the right to confirm cabinet appointees, Cooper's department heads are already on the job.
"I'm proud to have brought together this talented, experienced and hard-working team to help me move North Carolina forward," Cooper said in a statement.
A spokeswoman for Cooper pointed out that the cabinet has an average of 24 years of experience, and each has advanced degrees. The list includes:
- Larry Hall, Military and Veterans Affairs: $130,935
- Tony Copeland, Commerce: $138,040
- Machelle Sanders, Administration: $130,935
- Jim Trogdon, Transportation: $195,352
- Susi Hamilton, Natural and Cultural Resources: $138,040
- Erik Hooks, Public Safety: $138,040
- Michael Regan, Environmental Quality: $130,935
- Dr. Mandy Cohen, Health and Human Services: $142,100
Cooper has not yet named permanent heads for the Department of Revenue or the Department of Information Technology.