Local News

Cooking fire heavily damages Raleigh town house

Posted November 22, 2012

This town house in Raleigh was heavily damaged in Thanskgiving Day fire.

— Unattended cooking started a fire that heavily damaged a two-story town house in Raleigh early Thursday, authorities said.

Raleigh firefighters responded to the blaze at 5031 Avenida Del Sol Drive about 3:40 a.m. and found flames on the first floor, extending to the upstairs bedrooms. One person was in the home at the time but escaped unharmed.

About 25 firefighters took about 35 minutes to get the blaze under control. Authorities said about 75 percent of the home was damaged.
 

1 Comment

This story is closed for comments. Comments on WRAL.com news stories are accepted and moderated between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Oldest First
View all
  • NoRespect Nov 23, 3:06 p.m.

    Unattended cooking? Does that mean the person started cooking, then fell asleep, walked the dog, yacked on the phone, texted their BGF, had to do a big #2,???? Please clarify...