banner
@NCCapitol

@NCCapitol

Congressman Coble undergoing precautionary tests

Posted February 26, 2013

U.S. Rep. Howard Coble, R-District 6

— Republican 6th District Congressman Howard Coble was admitted to a hospital Tuesday for testing after experiencing dizziness in recent days, his office said.

Coble told staffers that he almost fainted Tuesday morning while preparing to return to Washington, D.C. He was admitted to Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital in Greensboro on the advice of his physician.

Doctors at the hospital want to keep Coble overnight for observation, said Ed McDonald, the congressman's chief of staff.

“So far, all of Congressman Coble’s vital signs look good, according to the doctors at Cone,” McDonald said in a statement. “They have ordered a CT scan to see if it can be determined what is causing the dizziness.”

Coble, 81, maintained a full schedule of meetings across his district last week and said several times that he needed to sit because he was light-headed, McDonald said.

Unless further testing uncovers an immediate problem, he said, Coble is expected to be released from Cone Hospital on Wednesday. It is unknown if he will be able to return to Washington this week.

1 Comment

This blog post is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • Viewer Feb 26, 2013

    I wish him well, and hopefully soon he will be back on the job. As my brother told me "Growing Old is Not For Sissies.