Go Ask Mom will return to North Hills this weekend with another morning of free fun at the Midtown Raleigh Farmers' Market!
We'll be there from 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, with all sorts of activities. They include:
- the large, colorful foam blocks that kids love to play with and are a centerpiece of North Hills Kids, a weekday (except Thursday) program that runs in the spring and summer.
- free child IDs courtesy of the New York Life Insurance Company. You'll get identification cards with your child's vital statistics, photo and finger prints.
- games, contests and a visit from Swoop of the Carolina RailHawks
- a visit from the Chick-fil-A cow from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., along with a simple craft starting around 10 a.m.
- a contest for $25 gift cards to Dickey's Barbecue Pit
- and a concert from the great Sandbox band for kids and families from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.! Read my earlier post for the latest from this very fun local kids band comprised of local dads.
And, of course, you can shop at the market, which features all sorts of local vegetables, fruits and other fresh foods, along with baked goods. This is a great place to come for breakfast and wander around a bit.
North Hills is at the intersection of Six Forks Road and the Beltline in Raleigh. Find us in the commons area next to Ben & Jerry's and Starbucks.
As you can imagine, I'll have more reminders and information about the event all week. I hope to see you there! Check out scenes from our event last week at North Hills!