Local News

Child suffers serious burns at Durham inn

Posted October 29, 2014

Durham Police Department
Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— An 11-month-old boy suffered serious burns Tuesday after a pot of boiling water fell on him, police said.

The incident happened at about 5:15 p.m. at the Budget Inn, 2101 Holloway St. The child was taken to the UNC Burn Center.

The incident is under investigation, police said.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • CAPITALPUN Oct 30, 2014

    View quoted thread

    Have you ever drove past the Budget Inn or even the Village formerly Wellon Village then you would know I was not Judging only speaking the truth.

  • Duff Dry Oct 30, 2014

    View quoted thread

    Rushing to judgement a bit? There is no detail in this report, so *of course* everyone involved is a drug user/dealer/prostitute! You know, people sometimes cook things, like soup. Best wishes for the baby!

  • CAPITALPUN Oct 30, 2014

    Someone in the room was probably making drugs, on drugs, or prostituting and not taken care of the baby as they should have. SS needs to get involved.

  • Jack Miller Oct 30, 2014
    user avatar

    View quoted thread


  • umop apisdn Oct 30, 2014

    Reminder to always keep pot handles to the wall and not over the edge of the range.

  • Donald Holder Oct 29, 2014
    user avatar

    Hopefully it was an accident. I'm sure it was, I know hotel rooms are small and 11-month-olds tend to be always be under your feet.

  • USMC Vet Oct 29, 2014

    Awww God, horrible.
    Prayers for the wee one.
    Burns are the WORST!!!