National News

Chesapeake man injured while trying to extinguish fire in garage

Posted August 7

— Crews are working a fire in the 900 block of Englewood Drive.

The call came in Sunday at 3:50 p.m. and was declared under control 30 minutes later.

When crews arrived, they found a detached garage and pickup truck engulfed in flames.

A man suffered minor burns to while trying to extinguish the fire.

Officials say a malfunctioning generator caused garage to catch fire.

After medics checked on the injured man, he refused to be taken to the hospital.

There were no other injuries reported.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all