I usually post a recipe here on Go Ask Mom every Friday. Recipes are definitely some of the most popular content on the site each year.
Today, I thought I'd take a look back at our top ten most popular recipes of 2013. With a few exceptions, it looks like easy, healthy recipes are at the top of the pack!
1. Mummy Dogs: This Halloween recipe, courtesy of Lil' Chef, is a fun and easy way to celebrate the holiday.
2. Roasted Zucchini with Summer Squash and Thyme: An easy spring and summer side dish when your garden or the farmers' market is loaded with the veggies.
3. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham: It doesn't take much to make this classic from scratch. It was a favorite of my own grandparents.
4. Roasted Broccoli: This is pretty much the only way I make broccoli now.
5. Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce: My family's spaghetti sauce converted for the slow cooker.
6. Pretzel Chocolate Treats: An easy holiday or anytime treat with pretzels and chocolate.
7. Traditional Black Beans and Rice: A quick, easy weekday meal.
8. Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars: A decadent take on oatmeal cookies and pumpkin pie.
9. Grinch Fruit Skewers: A healthy holiday treat.
10. Roasted Shrimp: Turns out perfectly cooked shrimp for me every time.
For more recipes, check WRAL.com's recipe database.