Cary Players opens its production of "The Wizard of Oz" this weekend with a variety of special, fun activities for kids and adults.
The show runs this Friday through Sunday and April 22 and April 23 at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave. Tickets are $20 for adults and $18 for students and seniors except during a special family show when tickets are $10 for kids 12 and under and $15 for everybody else.
Here's what's scheduled in addition to the show:
- All ticketholders are encouraged to dress as their favorite Ozian to receive goodies courtesy of the Lollipop Guild.
- Through April 24, visit the Oz Selfie Booth at the Cary Arts Center and post your image on your favorite social media sites. Tag pictures #caryplayersoz.
- At the 7 p.m., Friday, April 15, show the Cary Children’s Concert Choir will perform in the Cary Arts Center lobby before the performance.
- Immediately following the Sunday, April 17, performance, all are invited to take pictures with the cast.
- That interactive family show is 3 p.m., April 23. The first 150 children to arrive at the theater will receive a green glow necklace.
- And there's a craft class! It will take place at the Cary Arts Center and is designed for ages 3 to 10 with a caregiver. They are scheduled for 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., April 16, and 6 p.m., April 22. Students will create a doggie in a basket who is perfect to cheer them along as they trek through the Land of Oz! Fees are $14 for Cary residents and $18 for all others. Pre-registration is required and can be done electronically through EZ-REG (class number 89726, 89727 and 89728, respectively) or in person at any Cary parks, recreation or cultural facility. Each child who registers for a crafty class will receive premiere seating for the show.
Cary Players' website has ticket information.