It's the beginning of the season for many of the region's farmers' markets}, including Carrboro Farmers' Market, which offers all sorts of special activities for kids and families throughout the year (along with its onsite playground).
The market is now operating with its summer hours, which are 7 a.m. to noon, Saturdays, and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesdays.
Some upcoming events for families:
- 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday: The market's Evening Eats Food Truck Rodeo will feature several food trucks and music. Ten percent of the night's proceeds will support the market's food outreach programs.
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., April 20 – Morris Grove Elementary Night. Bring the kids and come out for samplings, kids’ activities, face painting, and more. All families are welcome.
- 8:30 a.m., April 30 – Kids’ Seedling Giveaway with Fifth Season Gardening Company. Every kid will get to transplant and take home a free tomato seedling! Event is from 8:30am and runs while supplies last. This is a popular one.
- 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., May 1 - Carrboro Day. Market volunteers will be joining the Carrboro Day celebration in the Town Commons with some great kids’ activities.
- 8:30 a.m., May 21 – Strawberry Jamboree. Fresh-cut strawberries. Fluffy cake. Homemade whipped cream. Event starts at 8:30am and runs while supplies last. Another popular one!