Local News

Carjacking Suspect Surrenders to Durham Authorities

Posted October 2, 2007

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Durham man wanted in an armed carjacking last month surrendered to authorities Monday evening, police said.

Hassan William Breeden, 22, whose last known address was Malbry Court, was wanted on charges of robbery with a dangerous weapon, felony speeding to elude, driving while license was revoked in connection with the Sept. 7 carjacking.

The alleged victim told police a man put a gun to his side and forced him to drive before shoving him out of the car in the parking lot of a convenience store on Holloway Street. Breeden allegedly sped away, and officers later found the car on Joel Court.

Breeden was also wanted on two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, inflicting serious injury.

Police believe he shot two people in the parking lot of the Wendy's restaurant on South Miami Boulevard in May 2005. The victims received minor injuries.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all