Cabela's grand opening includes family activities
Posted April 14, 2015
Updated April 15, 2015
Cabela's, known for its hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, will open its first North Carolina store in Garner this Thursday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and a slate of activities, including some geared to kids and families.
Opening day will start at 7 a.m., Thursday, with giveaways, including gift cards valued at up to $500 for the first 500 customers ages 18 and up; trivia games; a performance from country music artist Lucas Hoge; and appearances by TV and radio host Laura Lynn, “The Original Natural Caller” Joshua Carney, Jack Link’s Sasquatch and North Carolina State University mascots Mr. and Mrs. Wuf. At 9:45 a.m., the grand-opening ribbon will actually be cut by an arrow shot from a bow by a local Cabela's employee.
Here's what Cabela's has on tap for families from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting:
- Shoot Like A Girl – shooting sports for women interactive trailer
- Cabela’s youth BB gun range
- Cabela’s Wildlife and Land Management – Ride and Drive
- Parker Bows – archery challenge
- Galot Motorsports Park – drag car (Saturday Only)
- North Carolina Bowhunters Association – 3-D archery fange
- North Carolina State BassPack – fishing demos
The 105,000-square-foot store is at 201 Cabela Dr. off Exit 306/306A on Interstate 40.