Jessica Greene, who owns Bull City Craft, where you'll find great programs, camps and arts supplies for kids and families, shares these Mother's Day crafts. (And thank you to Bull City staff member Christie Whaley for making the templates and samples!).
So easy and cute!
Mother's Day Bouquet
Show mom you’re her biggest fan with a spring bouquet that doubles as a paper fan.
Green construction paper
Tape or stapler
Optional: flower shape punch
1. Cut green paper to half sheet size (6” x 9”).
2. Write a sweet message to mom on one side!
3. Fold green paper back and forth to form a fan.
4. Secure bottom of fan with tape or staple.
5. Cut out flower shapes, either by tracing the template shapes or using a flower shape punch.
6. Glue each flower to the top of each fan section. This step is easier if you first make a fold down the middle of each flower.
7. Give mom her bouquet!
Mother’s Day Flower
The heart-shaped leaf on this flower makes the perfect place for a message to mom!
Green and pink (or other color) construction paper
Marker or pen
Pom-pom or cotton ball
1. Using the template, trace and cut out the shapes for the petals, grass, and leaves.
2. Glue the petals into the bowl of the spoon, overlapping each petal.
3. Glue the pom-pom or cotton ball into the center of the petals.
4. Fold the heart-shaped leaf and write a message inside.
5. Glue the leaf onto the handle of the spoon.
6. Glue the grass to the bottom of the spoon.
7. Present your flower to mom!
Bull City Craft is at the Homewood Market Shopping Center on N.C. 54 in Durham, not far from The Streets at Southpoint.