The owners over at Bull City Craft, who have some Valentine's Day events coming up on Friday (see below), share this cute and easy holiday craft.
Valentine Love Bug
Make a love bug for your valentine and hide a message under each wing! If you have shape punches, you can make dozens of these quickly and easily.
Crayons or markers
2 inch circle punch, 1 inch circle punch and heart punch. If you don't have shape punches, you can trace out the shapes and cut them with scissors. For the circles, try tracing a quarter and a jar lid.
1. Punch out or trace and cut a 2 inch black circle and a 1 inch black circle.
2. Glue the 1 inch circle (head) onto the 2 inch circle (body).
3. Punch out or cut out 2 heart shapes in the color of your choice.
4. Fold each heart in half vertically down the center.
5. Glue half of the first heart onto the body so that the straight folded edge of the heart goes diagonally across the center of the body.
6. Glue the other heart in the same way (see photo). The two hearts make the folded wings of the love bug.
7. Write sweet messages inside the folded wings.
This week, Bull City Craft will host a Valentine's Day Party and a Parents' Night Out.
Here are the details:
Valentine's Day Party, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Friday, Feb. 10. $12 per person. Paint a Valentine themed canvas, make a Valentine card, and have a sweet treat! Register online.
Parents’ Night Out, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday, Feb. 10. $25 for one child, $40 for two children. We'll keep the kids entertained with arts and crafts and pizza! Ages 4-12. Register online.
Bull City Craft is at 105 W NC 54 in Durham, not far from The Streets at Southpoint.
Go Ask Mom's Valentine's Day page has more recipes and crafts.