BrickUniverse, LEGO fan expo, returns to Raleigh; get ticket deal!
Posted December 19, 2015
Here's a great stocking stuffer idea ... tickets to BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Expo, which returns to the Raleigh Convention Center April 2 and April 3.
This will be the second annual all brick, all the time show. Last year, thousands attended the event to build with LEGO bricks, check out displays and more.
Tickets are $18 (plus a small processing fee). It's free for ages 2 and under. Through Christmas, use promo code SANTA to save 25 percent off when buying tickets at BrickUniverse's website. That brings the ticket price down to $13.50.
This year, the event will have an entire area dedicated to Star Wars where visitors can build their own Star Wars-themed creations. Also new, Chicago-based LEGO artist Rocco Buttliere will bring more than 40 massive LEGO models of famous landmarks from around the world. See the largest skyscraper in the world, Burj Khalifa, the full Westminster Palace in London, and more landmarks all built from LEGO bricks, according to a press release.
Other attractions at LEGO Fan Expo include, according to that release:
- The Brick Art Gallery with over a dozen beautiful paintings all built from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Friends Building Area with LEGO Friends bricks to built with
- Massive LEGO models including a 27-foot LEGO model of the USS Missouri, 24-foot LEGO diorama of WWII Battle of Peleliu, six-foot LEGO model of Brandenburg Gate, and more
- Big brick building for younger visitors
- Brick Battle Pit where visitors can drive LEGO tanks and battle among fellow attendees in a 15-foot battle pit
- BIONICLE Warrior Building where participants can build a LEGO BIONICLE Warrior
- Brick Road with LEGO cars and a huge road diorama
- BRICK Theater where you can learn from LEGO experts, artists, master builders, and others in teaching sessions throughout the day