Bomb threat cleared at Wilson County middle school
Posted February 15
Lucama, N.C. — Students were let back into Springfield Middle School in Lucama on Wednesday after law enforcement officials cleared the building from a morning bomb threat.
Officials evacuated the school earlier in the morning and notified parents of the threat around 9:40 a.m. Students were loaded onto buses to keep them out of the rain.
Law enforcement officials swept the school with a bomb-sniffing K-9 before 10:30 a.m., and school officials said students headed back to class around noon.
"In collaboration with law enforcement, we will take all available disciplinary and legal action against those who made the threat," school officials said in an email.
It is unclear how the school learned about the threat.