Local News

Body found after Fayetteville house fire

Posted October 17, 2009
Updated October 19, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— A faulty propane heating system likely caused an explosion and fire that killed a man at a Fayetteville house early Saturday, police said.

The fire had fully engulfed the house at 1118 Cedar Creek Road, at Community Drive, by the time police arrived around 3:30 a.m. Once they entered the house, firefighters found the man's body.

Police said the man was badly burned.

Officers said they are waiting on an autopsy to confirm the man's identity.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all