Best places to pose for your holiday card
Posted November 10, 2015
Tis the season to force those happy smiles on your kids' faces for Christmas, Hanukkah, Chinese New Year and other holiday card pictures!
Go Ask Mom got tips from Christy Johnson, a mom, photographer and owner of Be True Image Design for the best places to ensure a truly Triangle look for your holiday card.
1. Joyner Park, 701 Harris Rd., Wake Forest. This 117-acre park features a pecan grove, paved trails, amphitheater, big porch swings and several old farm buildings. It's also just a fun place to roam, play and explore with big green lawns and lots of trees.
2. Historic Oak View County Park, 4028 Carya Dr., Raleigh. This 19th century historic farmstead features a variety of buildings, including a farm house, barn and more.
3. Historic Yates Mill County Park, 4620 Lake Wheeler Rd., Raleigh. Capture those smiles near historic buildings or among the fall foliage. Just don't bring Fido. Dogs, except identifiable service animals, and other pets are not allowed.
4. The Warehouse District, downtown Raleigh. If you're looking for less foliage and more city in the background, head over to Raleigh's warehouse district, which sits on the western edge of downtown Raleigh. You'll find the blocks dotted with red brick buildings, murals and the striking CAM Raleigh, contemporary art museum. Lure those smiles out of the kids with promises to head over to places like The Pit for lunch or Videri for some amazing chocolate once you're done.
5. American Tobacco Campus, Durham, 318 Blackwell St., Durham. The urban campus features lots of urban, red brick buildings, along with a stream running through its center. There's a big lawn with an amphitheater as well.
Is your favorite not listed? Share!