Best Garner restaurants
Posted November 11, 2013
Garner, N.C. — At first glance, Garner seems to be a restaurant chain haven, but the city has some excellent locally-owned restaurants that are worth seeking out.
Here are, in no particular order, some of our favorite Garner restaurants.
1. Angie's. There's a reason the parking lot is always crowded here – this place is good! Serving up home cooking with their breakfast and lunch fare, Angie's has a loyal customer base and a lively, comfortable atmosphere.
2. Terrafin Station. With an emphasis on fresh seafood and Angus beef, Terrafin is good for a casual lunch or dinner with friends and family. They also have a decent selection of NC beers and a bar area to watch the game. Try their catch of the day! (They also just opened a North Raleigh location.)
3. Moonrunners Saloon. We've featured this restaurant before while they were featured on the TV show Bar Rescue, and I think they deserve a place on the list. Moonrunners was revamped and is carrying on that momentum with simple but well-prepared bar food and creative moonshine cocktails.
4. Locked and Loaded. If you go on a nice day, this bar and grill will be packed with bikers. I'm a fan of their lunch specials, burgers and general atmosphere – typically laid back, but on a weekend evening a boisterous crowd and live music will get things going.
5. Alexander's Mediterranean Cuisine. Looking for something other than bar fare? Greek cuisine has moved into Garner with Alexander's. They serve traditional Greek fare, from light and fresh salads to rich and hearty entrees, with vegetarian options and a weekend brunch.
What are your favorite Garner restaurants?