Update: Grand Opening events postponed for Bass Pro Shops opening
Posted February 10
Updated February 11
Cary, N.C. — Update from their website:
Grand Opening - Postponed
Feb 12, 2014 - Feb 28, 2014
The Grand Opening Evening for Conservation originally scheduled for Feb 12 has been postponed due to inclement weather.
A new Grand Opening date will be available soon. Please check back for details.
Though celebrity appearances and special events associated with the Evening for Conservation and ribbon-cutting ceremony are postponed, the Cary store tentatively plans to open Wednesday, Feb. 12 at 6:00 p.m. Tentative plans are to open the store at 8 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13 and at 9 a.m. (normal opening hours) Friday, Feb. 14 and Saturday, Feb. 15. On Sunday, Feb. 16 the store will open at 10 a.m.
Bass Pro Shops is opening in Cary on Wednesday, Feb. 12 with multiple activities and giveaways planned through the weekend! These events are free and open to the public. Here are the details:
Location: 801 Bass Pro Lane, Cary
Grand Opening on Wednesday, February 12
From their press release: An all-star cast that reads like a ‘who’s who’ in the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors joins together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular Evening for Conservation, Wednesday, Feb. 12, at 6 p.m. at the new Cary Bass Pro Shops Sportsman’s Center. The event will kick off the store’s grand opening celebration that will continue through Sunday, Feb. 16.
Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs Feb.12 include:
• President and CEO of Richard Childress Racing, Richard Childress
• Tight end for the Carolina Panthers and played in 4 consecutive Pro Bowls, Wesley Walls
• Host of “George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing” TV show, George Poveromo
• Competitive shooter and named “World’s Best All Around Shooter,” Doug Koenig
• Former Bassmaster Angler of the Year, 4-time Bassmaster Elite Series winner, host of “Timmy Horton Outdoors” TV show, Timmy Horton
• RedHead Pro Hunting team member, Bob Foulkrod
• 2014 Miss North Carolina USA, Olivia Olvera
• Miss Teen North Carolina USA, Pammy Peters
Legendary angler and television host Jimmy Houston, of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors” will serve as emcee for the event.
Musical entertainment for the evening will be provided by “Grass Street Bluegrass Band.” The University of North Carolina will be represented at the event with an appearance from their mascot, Rameses, and the Carolina Hurricanes Storm Squad will be on hand. Customers will also enjoy meeting David Browning, “The Mayberry Deputy.”
Located at 801 Bass Pro Lane in Cary, the 105,000-square-foot store will officially open its doors for a preview celebration during the fundraising event and ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday, Feb.12 from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to the North Carolina Wildlife Habitat Foundation in support of acquiring, managing and protecting wildlife habitat in North Carolina and to promote conservation education for the benefit of future generations. Their initiatives and programs include fish friendly piers, Jordan Lake, black bear study and Adopt-An-Acre.
The celebration continues Thursday, Feb. 13 through Sunday, Feb. 16. The store will open at 8 a.m. Thursday and at 9 a.m. (normal opening hours) Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday.
The celebration includes special exhibits, storewide savings on a huge assortment of products, and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. In addition, factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
Giveaways for Thursday - Sunday
Daily giveaways will be available for the first 200 customers each day. Must be 18 or older. Limit one per customer, while supplies last.
They are also giving away Free one-year B.A.S.S. memberships. New memberships only. Visit the reel counter for information. While supplies last.
• Thursday, Feb. 13 – First 200 customers 18 years of age or older will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
• Friday, Feb. 14 – First 200 customers will receive a Columbia® Omni-Freeze® ZERO neck gaiter.
• Saturday, Feb. 15 – First 200 customers will receive a commemorative Cary Bass Pro Shops’ logo drawstring bag.
• Sunday, Feb. 16 - First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops’ commemorative limited edition fishing lure.
Visitors can also register to win a $50, $100 or a $200 gift card to be given away after the event.
For more information, see their website.
If you go to the event, let us know what you think and if you won anything or scored some great deals!