Raleigh, N.C. — Bad Daddy's executive chef Tim Kast came up with this tasty Super Bowl inspired burger. It will be available at the burger joint's two Triangle restaurants - Seaboard Station in Raleigh and Park West Village in Morrisville.
But if you want to try to make it yourself, here is the recipe:
Super Bowl Smokehouse Burger
For the burgers:
Yield: 6 Burgers
- 6ea- Beef Burger Patties
- 2 teaspoon- Seasoned Salt
- 6 slices- Pepper-Jack Cheese
- 2 cups- Pulled Pork (either your favorite recipe or store brought brand)
- 1 ½ cups- Jalapeno BBQ Sauce (recipe below).
- 6ea- Brioche Burger Bun
- 3 tablespoon- Butter, Softened
- 6 slices- Lettuce
- 6 slices- Tomato
1. Preheat grill or skillet.
2. Season burgers with Seasoned Salt.
3. Cook burgers to desired temperature and top with cheese. Allow to melt.
4. Meanwhile, heat pulled pork and BBQ sauce (recipe below).
5. Brush cut side of burger buns with soft butter and toast.
6. Assemble each burger with lettuce and tomato on the bottom bun. Next, top with the burger with melted cheese. Divide the pulled pork on top of each burger patty and top with a generous portion of BBQ sauce.
For the Jalapeno BBQ Sauce:
Yield: 2 ½ Cups
- 4 strips- Applewood Bacon, uncooked, diced
- 1ea- Jalapeno, deseeded, minced
- ¼ cup- Apple Juice
- 2 cups- Sweet BBQ Sauce
1. Dice bacon and mince jalapeno.
2. In a saucepot on medium heat, cook bacon until about 50% cooked, about 4 minutes.
3. Add jalapeno and cook for additional 3 minutes.
4. Deglaze with apple juice.
5. Stir in BBQ sauce, and bring to simmer, then cook for 10 minutes.
6. Hold warm for burgers, or can keep chilled in refrigeration for up to one week.