Avocado tortilla breakfast pizza is the ultimate breakfast food (video)
Posted May 16
Pizza is one of the most popular foods in the world, so why not make it for breakfast? I switched up some traditional toppings to make sure to get your day started right. Try adding your own spin on it!
This breakfast pizza will get you ready for your day with creamy avocado, salty cheese and of course an egg all resting on top of a crisp tortilla. To make sure we got the perfect slice we used this ultra sharp Zwilling Pizza Cutter. You can easily have this on your table for breakfast in under 15 minutes flat!
- 1 tortilla
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your tortilla on a baking sheet and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Place the cheese-topped-tortilla in the oven and bake until the tortilla is nice and crispy and the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the tortilla is baking, start frying your egg. Place a small pan over medium heat and add the butter to the pan. Once the pan is hot, crack the egg into the pan and place the cover over the pan. Once the egg starts to turn cook and turn white, top the egg with salt and pepper. Allow the egg to cook until the whites are completely cooked and the yolk is still runny (approximately 5 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat and uncover the pan.
- Once finished baking, remove the tortilla from the oven and top with the prepared mashed avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top the avocado with the fried egg. Serve immediately.